Lost Mines of Phandelver
The Redbrand Ruffians
The Redbrands were a group of bandits and brigands that, in approximately 1480 DR, had settled in the resettled frontier town of Phandalin near the Triboar Trail and the Sword Mountains.
With no local lord or powerful authority within the small town, the Redbrands were able to harass the farmers and prospectors for two months. Many were afraid of standing up to the bandit group, including the townsmaster, the closest thing to local authority Phandalin had, Harbin Wester.
The Redbrands mostly consisted of humans, male and female, although a handful of halflings were also in the bandit group. Each Redbrand wore a simple, dirty scarlet cloak. The cloaks were used to stop the undead in their hideout in Phandalin from attacking them.